Family

Family
Elevation! ahem..cue the U2 song now

Friday, October 18, 2013

Discouragement and encouragement

It's Friday and that alone can put a smile on my face. Isn't funny how that one day can just allow us to step back and smile...it's Friday.

This is my first week of going down to part-time at work in efforts to try to get more rest. Trying to get healthy is hard work! Honestly--- it has been a hard week. I love my job. Love what I do...but I just can't do it all. It's hard when I am an "on-the-go" kinda of person and I have to think about everything I want to do and try to decide what realistically can I do. It can get very discouraging when you feel like your choice is kinda taken away from you. I get discouraged feeling I am just not "me" sometimes. Discouragement can really get you stuck in a place. But I love how God uses people to bring about the encouragement we need.
A friend sent me a note the other night with some bible scriptures that I needed to hear. And just this morning a friend messaged me on facebook to say she was thinking about me; praying for me. Bam! Like that...God sends encouragement! Makes me more aware that when God lays someone on my heart; I need to do a better job of responding. Encouraging as I know how much that meant to me.
Another great encouragement this week God allowed is my Dr just saying "Im praying for you". Those 4 bring so much encouragement. It's God's reminder "You are not alone" and "I have not forgotten you".

This morning I found encouragement just reading in my fave devotional "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. Says this " Go gently through this day, keeping your eyes on Me. I will open up a way before you, as you take steps of trust along your path. Sometimes the way before you appears to be blocked, If you focus on the obstacle or search for a way around it, you will probably get off course. .....Before you know it, the "obstacle" will be behind you and you will hardly know ow you passed through it.....My Presence enables you to face each day with confidence"... (that is a portion of the devotional from book)

Wow. Honestly...I sometimes focus only on my "obstacle" on this sickness...and I loose site of my focus on the one thing that will bring me peace ---Him. God. And I know He uses our "obstacles" for His purpose. It is a great reminder to me to get my focus on Him. And He is helping me to focus on Him. Just by that friend sending me a note today---those encouraging words go along way!

Sometimes I hear people talk negatively about facebook; or social media. But for me...I am thankful that it can be used for so much positive. My friend was able to send me a quick note. Made me smile today. Made me smile knowing God is thinking of me. He is thinking of you today too. Isn't that an amazing thought? So my friend I leave you with this today; if you feel led to encourage someone...they may really need that today. God may be using you to bless someone else and remind them; they are not alone.
Hebrews 10:25 "...let us encourage one another..."

No comments:

Post a Comment