Family

Family
Elevation! ahem..cue the U2 song now

Friday, October 25, 2013

Being Present

I had a pretty good week this week.
A few Dr visits. And a visit with my Dr I will not forget. A reminder that God is always at work and He just asks us to join us where He is already working. Everytime I step foot in my Dr's office; I am reminded that He is working. He is using her as a light. And I get to be a part of what He is doing in that office. Share His love. That is what drives me when I get discouraged that I am still visiting Drs after 8 months or so of being sick on and off. God has a great purpose.

I have just been so exhausted lately as Drs try to figure out why and how they can help. This week I had a friend who felt led to make sometime in her visit to Chicago to come and spend sometime with me. All we did was sit in my house. Pray and talk. And more praying and more talking. It may not sound like much...but later I realized what an amazing gift that friend had given me...the gift of just being present. I am so thankful to God for that gift. I had heard a sermon at church about that very thing last Sunday. And here I was experiencing that.Of course praying was amazing. But just being here; just being present was so uplifting.
I also thought that is what has been encouraging to me as well..my Dr has the gift of being present. That is a rarity with Drs. But I am thankful for that gift in my Dr.

Made me realize a few things. Am I present to my friends? And wow...God just wants us to allow Him to just be present. To acknowledge He is right here with us! He was reminding me "Weez...I am right here".
I really just am moved to tears to think of such a gift I received this week. Not only the that wonderful gift of friendship but that gift of being present. I love that God knows more what we need sometimes than we even know to ask for. Now that is amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment